At the arrival of the cold season, the time for creams and vegetable soups begins. Warm, enveloping and tasty, the recipes of light soups are easy to prepare and have all the flavour of vegetables. The diet soups are creamy and delicious, but knowing the difference between light and velvety vegetable creams. The soups always include adding cream or milk at the end of cooking, while the creams are pureed vegetable ingredients.
How To Prepare A Light Cream Soup
Avoid making a sauté. Add the oil only and flavour with cream or vegetable milk to prepare a light cream. Boil the vegetables for not too long a time or steam them, then blend them with the addition of vegetable broth and enrich them with crunchy ingredients such as seeds and dried fruit.
Cream Of Light Pumpkin
The sweetness of the pumpkin meets the acidity of the apple and the spicy notes of curry in the recipe for pumpkin soup with apples and curry. An easy preparation that brings all the warmth of a really interesting pumpkin soup to the table. The recipe for the pumpkin soup with apples and curry is very simple, and you will discover that in this comfort food, there is all the flavour of cold days spent in the heat with a healthy, light and great tasting dish. Here are all the steps to prepare your pumpkin soup with apples and curry.
- This pumpkin soup with apples and curry is spicy and delicate, suitable for giving warmth and flavour to the coldest days.
- To prepare the pumpkin soup with apples and curry, start by removing the seeds and internal filaments from the pumpkin. Do this with a spoon. At this point, peel the pumpkin well and cut it into cubes.
- Wash the apples, remove the core and peel them. Then cut the apple into cubes of the same size as those of the pumpkin.
- Peel the shallot and slice it finely, then brown it in a high-sided pan with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- When the shallot is well wilted, add the thyme, pumpkin and apple.
- Also, add the curry and cover everything with water or vegetable broth—season with salt and pepper. Return to the heat and cook for 20 minutes until all the ingredients are soft. Then blend, add the cream and serve.
Advice And Curiosities
The difference between a cream and a velvety is precisely in the use of the cream. In this velvety, the cream plays the important role of amalgamating ingredients and flavours, giving life to a twisted and creamy texture. The thyme, in this recipe, gives an aromatic and refreshing touch to the palate. As for apples, choose the more acidic and floury ones suitable for cooking. Always minimize waste in the kitchen, do not throw away the pumpkin seeds.
Clean them from filaments and dry them well on a paper towel. Transfer the seeds to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and bake them at 160 ° C for about 40 minutes to toast them completely. In this way, you will get a healthy and crunchy snack suitable for decorating dishes or the cream itself.
You can choose to use a spicy curry instead of a gentler one. To slightly break the sweetness of the apple, you can add a potato cut into cubes. Serve your soup as a main course, but also in mini portions for a refined and light aperitif.
Also Read: Three Best Recipes To Cook At Home
Cream Of Light Zucchini
The cream of zucchini, potatoes and leeks is a perfect vegetarian first course all year round. It is hot in winter and cold in summer.
The cream of zucchini, potatoes and leeks is a delicious vegetarian first course that is easy to prepare! To prepare it whenever you want during the year, find out how to store zucchini.
How To Prepare The Zucchini Soup
- To prepare the cream of zucchini, potatoes and leeks, let’s start with the potatoes: peel them, cut them into cubes, and reduce them to the size you prefer (between 1 cm and 3 cm approximately).
- Secondly, wash the courgettes and chop them, then peel and chop the garlic.
- Peel and wash the leek and cut it into thin slices (set aside a few pieces for the garnish).
- Pour the potatoes and courgettes into a pan, add the leek, garlic and broth (of which you set aside about 100 ml) and bring everything to a boil.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Cover, lower the heat and cook for about 25 minutes over medium heat.
- As soon as the vegetables are well cooked, purée them with an immersion blender.
- If necessary, add some more broth or, if not, let it thicken by cooking a little longer over moderate heat.
- Stir in the cream and creme fraiche, stirring with a whisk, then season with salt and pepper again.
- Serve the cream of zucchini, potatoes and leeks with a garnish of leek rings and basil leaves.
Cream Of Light Carrots
The vegan soup of carrots, chickpeas, and avocado is a tasty recipe served with bits of avocado, dill and crispy rye bread.
Are you looking for new vegan recipes to serve your guests who do not eat the food of animal origin? Here’s an idea for you: a soft cream of chickpeas and carrots flavoured with turmeric, cumin, coriander and chilli, and served with pieces of avocado, dill and rye bread. Absolutely to try!
How To Prepare The Vegan Soup Of Carrots And Chickpeas
- Peel the onion, garlic and carrots and chop everything.
- Drain the chickpeas, rinse them and let them drain (4 tablespoons set aside for garnish).
- Heat the oil in a pan and brown the mixture, stirring over medium heat.
- Add the chickpeas, sprinkle with the broth and flavour with turmeric, cumin, coriander, salt, pepper and a pinch of chilli.
- Cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Peel the avocado and remove the stone. 1/4 of the pulp, cut into small pieces, mix with the lime juice and set aside.
- Chop the rest of the pulp and add it to the vegetables in the pan.
- Puree everything with an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and pepper and distribute the cream into four bowls.
- Garnish with chunks of avocado, chickpeas and dill.
- To taste accompanied with rye bread or wholemeal bread.