Today we see three quick and tasty recipes to prepare a light and inviting Christmas lunch using a few simple ingredients. Let’s start with the pumpkin ravioli prepared from pumpkin puree, garlic, butter, very thin and light fresh homemade pasta, parmesan and pine nuts. We continue with marinated turkey legs with a tasty spice mix prepared in the oven and conclude with a straightforward spoon dessert prepared with rice and raisins. They are quick and straightforward recipes with the flavours of Christmas to celebrate with relatives and friends without exceeding too many calories and not giving up the taste of good food.
For the 25 ravioli pasta:
- 250 g of flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- One egg
- 100 ml of water
For the stuffing:
- 400 g of pumpkin puree
- A handful of pine nuts
- Salt and pepper
- One clove of garlic
- Chilli powder to taste
- One beaten egg
- A few leaves of chopped sage
- Prepare the light pasta for the ravioli by putting the flour and cornstarch in a bowl.
- Start kneading and gradually add the water a little at a time. Once you have obtained a homogeneous mixture, cover the ball of dough for the ravioli with a cloth and let it rest for about 20 minutes.
- Use the pasta machine to roll out the dough about 1 mm thick, arrange the dough’s rectangles on a floured shelf, and cover them with a cloth.
- Prepare the ravioli dressing: Place a couple of knobs of butter in a pan with crushed garlic and cook over low heat.
- After a minute or two, add the pumpkin puree obtained by cooking the pumpkin slices in the oven for about forty minutes without seasoning, then blending them.
- Add salt, pepper and a pinch of red pepper. Mix and cook the pumpkin with the butter over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, toast some pine nuts in a pan until golden brown and assemble the ravioli.
- Beat the egg with a tablespoon of water and place a teaspoon of pumpkin filling in the centre.
- Brush the edges of the squares of dough with the egg mixture, overlap the second square of dough, and press gently with your fingers to make it adhere well all around the two courts of dough, trying to eliminate the air bubbles that have formed.
- To obtain perfectly uniform ravioli, cut out the excess dough with a knife until you get a perfectly square ravioli.
- Cook the ravioli in a pot full of salted water, and once cooked, season with a knob of butter melted in a pan, some of the toasted pine nuts, a few chopped sage leaves and a sprinkling of pepper.
Marinated Turkey Legs
- Ten turkey legs
- Two tablespoons of salt
- Two tablespoons of brown sugar
- Four tablespoons of sweet paprika
- One tablespoon of chilli powder
- One tablespoon of garlic powder
- Two teaspoons of mustard powder
- Two teaspoons of ground black pepper
- One pinch of cumin
- Barbecue sauce to taste
- Make the dry brine by mixing all the ingredients.
- Rub the turkey legs with the mixture and get all over the place, even under the skin.
- Let the meat rest for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Cook at 200 ° C for 20 minutes, then lower to 150 ° C and continue for another 10-15 minutes.
- Wrap the bottom of the thighs in silver paper and serve.
For four people:
- 160 d of uncooked rice
- 735 ml of milk
- One pinch of saffron
- 15 cardamom seeds
- 250 g of honey
- 50 g of raisins soaked in cognac
- Chocolate topping
- Chopped hazelnuts
Wash the rice until the water is clear, then pour it into a saucepan with milk, cardamom seeds and saffron—Cook in a double boiler over low heat for an hour.
Add honey and raisins when the rice is ready, then let it cool. To serve, garnish with chocolate topping and chopped hazelnuts.
Also Read: Light Cream Recipes