With onion, beetroot and honey and figs. Very easy to do at home.
Red onions, beets, figs, and honey are the natural ingredients to make three very effective cough syrups.
Onion Cough Syrup
- 1 kg of red onions
- 2 lemons
- 8 tablespoons of whole virgin honey
- 2 cups of pure maple syrup
- Heat the maple syrup over low heat in a pan, and then add the onions cut into slices.
- Cook for a couple of minutes, add half a cup of water and let it boil until the water has reduced by a third.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool, then add the two lemons and the honey juice. Let the syrup rest overnight, strain it and store it in an airtight jar.
- Take a spoonful of syrup before meals until the cough has subsided.
Syrup For Cough With Figs
- 1 kg of ripe figs with the peel
- Take 1 kg of ripe figs with the peel, cut them into quarters, boil them in a pot of water and cook until they are reduced, presenting a viscous liquid.
- Filter the mash through a colander to obtain the syrup and store it in an airtight glass jar.
- Take one tablespoon in the morning, one in the middle of the day and one in the evening before sleep. In this way, you will thin the phlegm and expel it more easily.
- The fig syrup is particularly suitable in case of dry cough and has the advantage of having a delightful taste.
Cough Syrup With Beets And Honey
- 2 large beets
- 3 tablespoons of liquid wildflower honey
- Cut the beets into slices, arrange them on a tray and cover with honey.
- Cover the tray and leave it overnight to rest at room temperature. The following day you will notice that a syrupy substance of an intense red color has formed, which you will pour into a glass bottle with a funnel, being careful not to strain yourself.
- The recommended amount of this syrup in case of persistent cough is a maximum of three tablespoons per day.