The ideal pace is 5-6 kilometers per hour. First, drink a couple of glasses of water. Finally, do some stretching exercises.
How To Walk Correctly
It reduces stress, anxiety, and depression. Lower the risks of cardiovascular disease. It protects against some cancers. Tones legs, buttocks, and abdominals. Helps maintain a healthy weight and lose weight. Walking is one of the best activities to keep fit; it is at no cost, and you can do it any time of the year.
How To Walk Well
The World Health Organization recommends taking at least 10,000 steps a day (after 60, they drop to 8,000 degrees), even on a non-continuous basis, to improve health. We don’t necessarily have to join the gym or attend paid courses. Municipal villas and City parks are ideal places for a healthy walk, but to fully enjoy their benefits, we must avoid inevitable mistakes. A wrong posture makes us lose the gait’s harmony, nullifying our business’s advantages. In the world, the Japanese are the people with the most harmonious pace, but we too can walk correctly.
How To Run With A Correct Posture
When we walk without realizing it, we make posture errors that prevent us from doing it correctly. Paying attention to a series of attitudes and adopting healthy habits are necessary to avoid mistakes. Adopting the correct posture is the first step to transforming our walk into an activity that will benefit the body and mind. To begin walking correctly, we can follow the rules like these immediately.
- Have Your Hands Free: The golden rule to take advantage of all the benefits of walking is to have your arms free, including your hands. This means not walking, holding bags, cell phones, or anything else. An almost atypical situation for many of us. For this, the ideal is to dedicate yourself to walking regularly, for half an hour three or four times a day, before or after school or work.
- Move Your Arms: We, too, were once quadrupeds. This is why components should always be used. In this way, the shoulders and pelvis work together, and the harmony of the back is not compromised. Moving the arms back and forth keeps the back straight naturally, and we do not feel a sense of heaviness. To consume more calories, you can add the use of sticks typical of Nordic walking.
- Back And Shoulders Straight: If we walk projected forward, with the shoulders tending to close on, we prevent the pelvis, connected to the upper part of the body by the spine, from unloading its movement towards the shoulders and vice versa. For this, it is necessary to keep the back straight, the shoulders straight but relaxed, and the arms folded at the sides to use them, as we have seen previously. A little secret to keeping your shoulders straight: put your thumbs forward.
- The Correct Step: First, the heel rests, and then you get to the toe rolling. When the walk reaches its peak in the effort, the action must be of such amplitude that its thrust is felt up to the buttocks. The ideal pace is 5-6 kilometers per hour.
- Breathe With The Diaphragm: When we walk, we usually breathe in the chest and don’t activate the diaphragm, the most significant muscle we have. If we inhale while inflating the belly, the upper body is lowered, and we free the shoulders. This allows us to walk correctly, with less effort and helps us prevent annoying neck pain. In general, breathing should be natural and regular, and it is preferable to inhale both through the nose and mouth so that there are as few obstacles as possible to the entry of air into the lungs.
- Proper Clothing: Don’t cover yourself up too much, but don’t ignore the outside temperature, especially during winter. The important thing is to have suitable footwear, with good support, not necessarily for running, and appropriate clothing that guarantees perspiration. You should always prefer more flexible walking hours in summer and wear sunglasses.
- Much Water: A couple of glasses before starting, and then rehydrate every twenty minutes, especially if you sweat. An alternative to water can be drinks enriched with mineral salts. Provided they are neither carbonated nor sugary.
- Before Starting: If you are not used to a regular sporting activity and instead want to get into the habit of walking every day, it is advisable, as with any physical activity, to have a general medical check-up. It is also an excellent opportunity to examine your health condition. Once ready, give yourself five minutes to warm up before starting your walk.
- In The End: Do a little stretching and combine the relaxation phase with some toning exercises. At that point, the benefits of the walk will be able to express themselves at their best and the highest level.
- Please Do Not Overdo it: It’s almost obvious advice, but it’s always helpful to repeat it. It is valid for any physical activity, therefore also for walking. It is good to have a good pace, but it is risky to exaggerate and proceed beyond your means. Always favor time over distance, and do not rush to reach an alleged goal or improve your performance.
- Without A Mask: In times of pandemics, you can also practice walking without a cover. Provided, however, that you keep a distance of at least five meters from other people if you walk at a speed of 5-6 kilometers per hour.
Also Read: How To Lose Weight By Walking